Every body loves pizza in some form, even if their body doesn’t! Why not try your hand at making your own homemade pizza that you (and your body) will love?! It’s easier than you think!
Easy Homemade Pizza
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3/4-1 cup water
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add 3/4 cup of water & oil. Stir into a ball.
- Add more water if needed.
- Knead & bake at 400° for 15-25 minutes.
Remove from oven and add your toppings. Bake again until the cheese is melted or toppings are cooked through (usually about 10 minutes).
A few tips:
- I’ve done homemade pizza dough 2 different ways – with and without yeast. I prefer it without – it’s easier and I don’t like the taste of yeast. But you’ll have to decide for yourself.
- After pressing the dough into the pan, brush it with a little olive oil and experiment with sprinkling herbs and spices directly on the dough.
- These can be made into individual pizzas instead of planning out how the toppings are applied to 1 big pizza.
- Pizza does not REQUIRE cheese. I use it as the “glue” to hold everything together, but it’s not necessary at all.
I hope you try making your own pizza and have fun with it! If you do, let me know how it turns out.